19XX: The War Against Destiny
|19XX - The War Against Destiny|
|Katakana||ナインティーンダブルエックス ザ ウォー アゲンスト デスティニー|
December 7, 1995 (NA) |
December 18, 1995 (EU)
December 25, 1995 (JP)
|Control||8-way Joystick, 3 Buttons|
19XX: The War Against Destiny is a vertical shooting game released by Capcom in late 1995, and copyrighted in 1996, on their CPS2 hardware. It is the fifth game in the 19XX series, and the last to be developed by Capcom. Unlike previous games in the series, 19XX takes place in a fictional war.
During a fictional war set in the 20th century, a lone pilot tries to defeat an entire army/evil organization from starting another World War, which soon escalates to a nuclear apocalypse.
There are three planes that the player may select from, each with their own strengths/weaknesses and special weapon:
- Lightning: A well-balanced plane. Medium Power, Medium Speed, Strong Homing. Its special weapon is the "Vulcan."
- Mosquito: A slow but powerful plane. Strong Power, Weak Speed, Weak Homing. Its special weapon is the "Missiles."
- Shinden: A fast but weak plane. Weak Power, Strong Speed, Medium-weak Homing. Its special weapon is the green "Laser."
Tips and Tricks
- Change First Stage Music To "1942" BGM : at the title screen after the coin is inserted move Up, Right(x9), Down(x4), left(x2). A sound will be heard once the code is entered.
- Change First Stage Music To An Arranged Version of "1942" BGM : at the title screen after the coin is inserted move Up, Down(x9), Upleft, Downright, Upright, Downleft, Upleft, Downright, Upright, Downleft. A voice will be heard once the code is entered.
- Stronger Bombs : holding the BOMB button will charge your bomb to a stronger level.