|Control||8-way Joystick, 3 Buttons|
|Arcade hardware||Taito FX-1B|
G-Darius is a game released for the Taito FX-1B in 1997. It is the sixth game in the Darius series, and a prequel to the original Darius game; making it the first game in the series canon. A bootleg version of this game exists for Taito G-Net.
A second version of the game was released in the arcades in 1999, with the following changes:
- Increased difficulty.
- Default play cost is increased to 2 coins per credit from 1 coin per credit.
- Added beginner mode. In beginner mode, the game ends after completing only 3 zones.
- Standard auto-fire.
- When using a Capture Ball, the player is no longer invulnerable.
- With the super shield, the player is vulnerable to obstacles. With the hyper shield, the player can take a single hit from obstacles.
- All stages include mid-bosses.
- Boss battles include a timer (3 minutes for normal bosses, 7 minutes for the final boss). 10000 bonus points are added for each remaining second after destroying boss.
- The high score table records high scores for each zone.
- After continuing, the player is given one of each Missile, Bomb, Arm and Capture Ball powerups instead of a single item that provides the first three.