Sega Y Board|
Z80, YM2151, Sega PCM|
Power Drift is a racing game developed by Sega AM2 and published by Sega in 1988.
Tips and Tricks
- Secret messages can be displayed on the player initial screens, by entering a combination of initials and adjusting the brake, accelerator and gears.
- With Brake & Start Button Depressed:
- SEX: DANGER !! DANGER !!
- With Brake & Start Button Pressed (Select one of two messages with gear):
- SEX: LAKE YOU ? ME TOO ! & MACHINE T.K.G.!!
- KEY: I LOVE MAKIKO. & I LOVE CYNDI.
- TKG: I LOVE RAY CHAN. & I LOVE RIE CHAN.
- GAK: SAKICHI !! KITARO !! & I LOVE CHISAKI !
- OKA: I AM TALLER THAN T.K.G. ! & KIM SAN ISSHOU TUITE IKIMASU.
- REE: HALLO !! LETS FIND ANOTHER MESSAGES. & ARE YOU M2C2 MENBER?
- NAK: NIGASITA SAKANA WA DECOI.
- AKI: LUCY IS MINE! & EMILY IS MINE!
- MAT: DO YOU KNOW ELEPHANT SMELL??
- SAD: I LOVE KAYURI CHINA & NS400 IS FARSTEST BIKE IN THE WORLD.
- HIR: MUSIC DESIGN BY HIRO. & SOUND DESIGN BY MY DESHI.
- The game's difficulty level is determined by the type of car the player chooses to race with. The RED car (with bigger wheels) sets the difficulty level at 'easy', the BLUE car at 'normal', the ORANGE car at 'hard' and GRAY car at 'hardest'.
- Press the START button while playing for a rear view. One thing to note is that Power Drift's gear change (from low to high, such as at the start of a race or after a crash) should be implemented much quicker than in other arcade racers.
- Finishing in first place on all tracks of courses B and D will allow players will get to race a special track using the bike from Sega's classic 1985 racer, "Hang-On".
- Finish first on all five tracks of any given group (A to E) and players will get to race a special track using the jet from "After Burner".