Sega Type II IR
Infrared sensor based technology developed by Sega and still used in modern games since it doesn't require CRTs.
gun sense io / sense board
There are multiple revisions of boards , the denoted by the last 2 digits of the part #
- 838-13143-01 to 838-13143-03 only works with Jurrasic Park The Lost World ( JPTLW ) since it only supports 12 LED boards.
- 838-13143-04 and above can be upgraded via eeprom swap.
- revisions are backward compatible, ie, 838-13143-11 will play everything from JPTLW up to Rambo ( Lindbergh )
- some newer games may work with older revisions.
- takes the output from gun sensors and translate them into JVS x/y analog inputs.
- handles trigger button and forwards it to the JVS digital input connector
|VR1||unknown, leave centered|
|VR2||unknown, leave centered|
|VR3||unknown, leave centered|
|VR4||X origin offset, gun should read 80 when centered|
|VR5||Y origin offset, gun should read 80 when centered|
|coils||DO NOT TOUCH|
|SW1||mirrored ( 29"/STD ) or direct ( 50"/DLX ) aiming|
|SW2||10 ( HOD ) or 12 ( JUL ) LED sensors|
CN1 loop 1<->2 : this is to eliminated IR interference from other sources. Useful if you have side by side gun cabinets, or any IR source ( like a light bulb ) reflecting on the screen.