To swap a monitor:
- Power off the machine and remove the power cord.
- Disassemble the required components to access the monitor. If the chassis is not in a frame with the CRT, you will need to discharge the monitor and remove the neck board.
- Unplug everything from the monitor.
- Unbolt the monitor from the cabinet.
- Pull the monitor out from the cabinet.
- Double check the depth of the old CRT compared to the new one.
- Check the size of the neck board. Some cabinets have restricted enclosures for the tubes.
- When reinstalling an especially large monitor make sure you have help and make sure the cabinet cannot move.
- Perform the first five steps in reverse to install the new monitor.
Please note: The only time discharging the anode is required is when removing the chassis from the CRT; if you are swapping over a complete monitor it is not strictly necessary.