Muchi Muchi Pork!
|Muchi Muchi Pork!|
|Control||8-way Joystick, 3 Buttons|
|Arcade hardware||CAVE CV1000|
Muchi Muchi Pork! (むちむちポーク!) is a manic shooter by Cave programmed by Shinobu Yagawa. Released in 2007, Muchi Muchi Pork! was the last game led by Yagawa until DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu Black Label in 2010.
As in Pink Sweets, many character names are puns on food.
- Momo Barasoto
- Ikuo Katakuchi
- Rafute Souki
Alternative Game Modes
As is tradition in Yagawa's Cave games, Muchi Muchi Pork! offers alternative game modes accessible to the player.
First, a code needs to be entered at the title screen after inserting a credit:
- Harahara: A, B, Right, Right, C, C, Left, B, Left, A, A, Up, Down
- Manpuku: Right, Left, Left, B, B, B, Down, Left, Up, A, B, Right, C
You will hear a character speak if a code is entered correctly. Modes are permanently unlocked and the codes never need to be reentered.
Once a code is entered, the player can access the alternative game modes:
- Harahara: Hold Down and press START
- Manpuku: Hold Up and press START
Harahara mode is similar to the Extended mode in previous games, while Manpuku is similar to Harder mode.
Starting with Armed Police Batrider, all Yagawa games feature a Special Ver. Muchi Muchi Pork! is no exception. Special Ver. gives the player the ability to select stages for practice along with a lot of debugging information. Unfortunately, the Special Ver. in Muchi Muchi Pork! is the least feature-rich Special Ver.; the most notable omission is the lack of any rank display.
Enabling Special Ver.Special Ver. is enabled the same way as the Special Ver. in earlier games.
- Move the S2 (DIL switch) SW2 to the left.
- Hold down the A+B buttons while powering on the game.
If you access the Special Ver. when powering on the game, the asterisk on the bottom left corner of the loading screen will continually flash a green circle over it. You can safely let go of the A+B buttons once you see the green circle flashing.
- You can also switch to Special Ver. after the game has been powered on by holding A+B and pressing the TEST button.
- You can leave Special Ver. at any time either by power cycling the PCB or pressing the TEST button with no other buttons pressed.