|CPU||3000A 32 bit RISC|
Taito G-Net, released by Taito in 1998, is a cartridge based arcade system. In 2009, the security on the boards was cracked, and a "mod-bios" made available, which allows users to use roms saved to standard PCMCIA flash cards instead of the standard software.
- Main CPU: R3000A 32 bit RISC processor, Clock - 50MHz?, Operating performance - 30 MIPS, *Instruction Cache: 4KB
- BUS: 132 MB/sec.
- OS ROM: 512 Kilobytes
- Sound DSP: ZOOM ZSG-2 DSP, TMS57002 DSP
- Sound CPU: Panasonic MN1020012A
- Graphical Processor: 360,000 polygons/sec, Sprite/BG drawing, Adjustable frame buffer, No line restriction, 4,000 8x8 pixel sprites with individual scaling and rotation, Simultaneous backgrounds (Parallax scrolling)
- Sprite Effects: Rotation, Scaling up/down, Warping, Transparency, Fading, Priority, Vertical and horizontal line scroll
- Resolution: 256x224 - 740x480
- Colours: 16.7 million colours, Unlimited CLUTs (Colour Look-Up Tables)
- Other Features: custom geometry engine, custom polygon engine, MJPEG decoder
- Media: PCMIA II Cards
- Optional I/O: Video, Stereo, Trackball, Race Controller, 3rd & 4th Player, Memory Card
- Onboard Memory: Yes - Saves High Scores and settings including calibration but only per game.
- Comm Link: Two LAN Connectors plus Terminator
- Conversion Class: JAMMA+
- Board Layout: Comprises the following:
- - Sony ZN-2 Motherboard
- - Taito FC PCB (Sound hardware & FLASHROMs)
- - Taito CD PCB (PCMCIA cart interface)
- - Optional Communication Interface PCB
- - Optional Save PCB
|Otenami Haiken Final||2005|
|Otenki Kororin Weather Tales||2001|
|Psyvariar : Medium Unit||1999|
|Psyvariar : Revision||2000|
|RC De Go!||1999|
|Shanghai Sangokuhai Tougi||2002|
|Shanghai Shoryu Sairin||2000|
|Shikigami No Shiro / The Castle of Shikigami||2001|
|Space Invaders Anniversary||2003|
|Super Puzzle Bobble||1999|
|Zoku Otenami Haiken||2000|
Test Menu Info
As the majority (if not all) of G-Net boardsets are Japanese, the test menu can be a little confusing to those unfamiliar with the Japanese language!
The two most useful settings within the menu are: Screen Flip
Select the fifth option within the test menu, adjust the orange text so that it looks the same as the image below, then the one underneath, left option, bottom option from the main menu. Done.
Shikigami no Shiro
Toggle freeplay - Menu 4, option 1. The display will remove the following two menu items if freeplay is enabled.
The following games are hacked to work on the G-Net hardware and are thus bootlegs :Aero Fighters Special, Brave Blade, Flame Gunner, Fighters Impact, G-Darius, Raystorm, Shanghai Matekibuyu, Sonic Wings Limited, The Block Kuzushi. Beware of bootleg games when buying a system with the modbios installed.